Regulations for the use of City of Knoxville Department of Parks
and Recreation Picnic Shelters
1. Reservations can be made for the following shelters: Tyson Park shelters #1 , #2
West Hills Park gazebo
Morningside Park gazebo
Holston River Park shelters #1, #2
Mary Vestal Park large shelter
Adair Park gazebo
Adair Park Shelter
Victor Ashe Park shelter
Ashley Nicole Dream Playground Shelter
Lonsdale Park Shelter
2. Reservation Fees: $25.00 for 4 hours. $50.00 for all day
3. Person making picnic shelter reservation must make reservation
two weeks in advance by calling 311 for information.
4. The fee needs to be paid by check or money order made out to the City of Knoxville.
5. Park hours are Dawn till Dusk, seven days a week, year round.
6. No alcoholic beverages or drugs allowed in parks.
7. No open fires of any kind.
8. Use park grills to prepare food. If using a portable grill, properly
dispose of ashes. Do not dump ashes on the ground.
9. No animals allowed on park grounds unless on a leash.
10. Place all trash in trash receptacles
11. Please leave picnic shelter and park grounds in good condition
before you leave.
12. The administrative office of the Parks and Recreation Department
must approve all special events. To schedule a special event call