City of KnoxvilleContact Us
I Want To...
Apply For A Job »
Contact Civil Service »
View Benefits »
View Job Openings »
Like the City on Facebook® »
Follow the City on Twitter »
View Press Releases »
Click Here for Printer Friendly Version
What is EAP?

The Employee Assistance Program offers counseling services to you and your dependents for personal or psychological issues. As an employee of the City of Knoxville, you (and your dependents) are entitled to make use of counseling services completely free of charge for 10 sessions per problem per year. You have access to experienced counselors who can help with any number of personal or work related problems.

City EAP Guide [PDF]
View MyBalanceWorks.com
What would I use EAP for?

You may use EAP for personal problems such as marital problems, personal psychological problems, depression, problems with children or teenagers, grief or personal loss issues, job related problems, stress, or anything else of a personal or psychological nature.

EAP Promo How do I contact EAP?

You can reach EAP by calling 1-800-327-2255, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can ask questions over the phone and can set an appointment with a trained counselor, if you choose. The Employee Assistance Program counseling is available through Employee Network Incorporated (eni), which has providers in Knoxville/Knox County and surrounding counties for your convenience as well as some online services available at mybalanceworks.com .

How does EAP work?

You simply call 1-800-EAP-CALL (800-327-2255) and make an appointment or go to mybalanceworks.com and use the online tool provided by Employee Network Incorporated. You and your dependents are eligible for up to 10 counseling sessions for any given issue. Counseling sessions with EAP are completely confidential. What you discuss with the counselors is confidential and your name will not be released to your employer or supervisors. If more treatment is required, you will be offered a referral to an appropriate professional or treatment center and, with your permission, EAP will work with that professional and your health plan to coordinate your mental health benefits and to assure that you continue to receive appropriate care.







Add to Favorites
Adobe PDF Reader
Email Page
Font Smaller
Font Normal
Font Larger
Get Directions
Make Home Page
Print Page
Search A to Z List
Site Map
Traduzca en Español
Translate to More Languages
Dial 3-1-1 For City Services
311. One Number. One Call.
Click Here for Brush Pickup Schedule
City Government
Mayor's Office »
City Council »
City Departments »
Boards & Commissions »
Public Meetings »